Saturday 7 January 2012

Script (Act 1, Scenes 8 to 14)

Scene 8
QUIRREL: I thought walking home drunk was hard before

VOLDEMORT: we should have realized that with the both of us drinking into the same belly would get us twice as drunk.

VOLDEMORT: hey quirrel! quirrel, quirrel quirrel, quirrel, quirrel, quirrel,

QUIRREL: I haven’t had this much fun... Haven’t had this much fun since nearly headless nicks, nicks death day party of ‘91

VOLDEMORT: I haven’t had this much fun since… uhh.. oh man..I can’t remember ever having this much fun!

QUIRREL: * looking confused* you’ve never had fun ever? Doing anything?

QUIRREL: maybe that’s why you so evil.

VOLDEMORT: yeah maybe

QUIRREL: what is it, voldemort?

VOLDEMORT: oh it’s just that I never…I never, ever really ever.. I never really ever, ever really ever, considered having another reason for being so evil, you know
 cause normally I just uh…I just kill people who try to get me to open up, you know.. oops! But uh, it’s, it’s kind of nice to just, um… kind of nice to just talk

QUIRREL: yeah! You know I have to admit I was kind of nervous when you first demanded that you attach yourself to my soul

VOLDEMORT: yeah, I could…. I could sense that it’s kind of cool

QUIRREL: it’s like having a really close roommate, or even…

VOLDEMORT: yeah like a slave…like a …like a death eater

QUIRREL: no man! It’s like …having a friend

VOLDEMORT: I never had a friend before

QUIRREL: well it looks like you got one now

VOLDEMORT: who would have thought that at the beginning of this year we’d feel like that for each other?

VOLDEMORT: I guess everything is different between us now

QUIRREL: I guess it’s plain to see when you look at you and me we are different, different as can be.

Song: Different Reprise

Scene 10
Snape: Attention all Hogwarts students. Tonight is the Yuleball..so please make ready to pick up you Yule ball wreath and give it to that special someone.
Ginny enters and goes to Snape
Snape: Ah Ginger.
He throws the wreath at Ginny. Cho and posies enter. Harry comes from other side. Ginny breathes in hard..
GINNY: oh, hey harry potter
HARRY: *stops walking* oh hey ginny
GINNY: fancy seeing you here, ah?
HARRY: ah, well,l it’s the cafeteria, so, yeah…
GINNY: *bends knees repeadely* ah… so, ah…. The yuleball is coming up…
HARRY: yeah, I know it is…. Very very soon, yeah…
GINNY: *coughs* ahm… *starts to fiddle with her hair* oh, were you thinking of going with anybody?
HARRY: I was. I was actually just waiting for the right time to ask somebody. I think …. I think the time’s about now, so if…if you something to say just….. get it out, ;cuz..
GINNY: *pulls out the Yule ball ring from behind her* aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh * acting very jumpy*
HARRY: oh is this for me?*starts smiling*
HARRY: *really cerrfully* oh ginny, how did you know that I needed a wreath, so I can ask cho chang? You’re the best!
GINNY: heartbroken* oh, harry potter..!!!!
GINNY: just… just forget it!!!! *runs away crying*
HARRY: alright, I will!
HARRY: *staring at the wreath* cool!!
Harry: I know the Yuleball’s coming up, and I was wondering if, ah…(offers the wreath to Cho Chang) …
maybe you wanted to go with me , BUT just in case you’re kind of… on the fence about it,( Cho Chang
accept the wreath) you should know that I play the guitar.
(Harry starts playing a song)
Youre tall and fun and pretty
Youre really, really skinny
Cho Chang
Im the Mickey to your Minnie
Youre the Tigger to my Winnie
Cho Chang
Wanna take you to the city
Gonna take you out to diney
Whatever

(Cho Chang blushes)
Cho Chang: Well Harry Potter bless your heart... Um, but I am going to say no. The young strapping boy Cedric Diggory already asked me to go with him..
Sorry?

(She gives the wreath back to Harry)
Cho Chang: Come on girls, let's go show Moaning Myrtle our ball gowns and make fun cause she can't go.

(Cho Chang runs out with her girls)
Ron enters.
Ron: Hey there good buddy! How're you doing?
Harry:  Okay
Ron: Is that a yule-ball-wreath?
Harry:  Yeah
Ron: Who you gonna ask?
Harry:  Well I've asked Cho Chang but she turned me down for Cedric Stupery!
Ron: Oh my god they're going together? That's so great! I love him so! They are so a cute couple
Harry:  No! No!
Ron: I hate him! I hate him so much! Oh man that sucks dude I don't know why she turned you down you're like the coolest guy in school!
Harry:  I know I don't get it! I play guitar I'm Harry Potter! I'm awesome!
Ron: You want some cheese-twigs?
Harry:  Yeah I don't get it man I mean I guess I will just go as stag ah?
Ron: I'll probably go stag too
Ron: The only two girls that I know that don't have dates already are Ginny and Hermione
Harry:  Oh my god!
Ron: I'm not going with my stupid sister!
Harry:  And I think of Hermione as sister So that's out!
Ron: We are in such a puzzle
Harry tosses aside the wreath.
Harry: Forget about it. Lets go to Hagrid.  He can teach us how to dance and we're getting our dress-robes.  That can only lead to disaster and hilarity
Enter Draco, Crabbe, Goyle.
Goyle picks up the Wreath
Draco: It was RELUCTANT enough at first.  But I lured it out of it's cage with an upside down[???] And I soed it with my "Fruit-by-the-foot" and deheaded it with a quick slicing-charm
Draco: What?!? Goyle?
Draco: What are you doing with that wreath? Would you going to ask someone to the Yule-ball?
Goyle: Nnno!
Goyle: Dancing's for nerds!
Crabbe: And pretty girls!
Draco: Right. Do you know who the last girl I'd have asked to the Yule-ball would be?. That Hermione Granger. Not even if we were the last two people on earth and she looked absolutely stunning in her ball-gaunts and every  time I looked at her I got butterflies in my tummy. Not even then. Ugh!. They don't even have dances at Pigfarts. All the noise would disturb Rumbleroars slumbering cubs. Dancing is for Pansies
Pansy enters on the right.
Draco: Hey you there what's your name?
Pansy: Pansy
Draco: Perfect! You're going to the Yule-ball with me. You see that dragon?
Draco: Well it was reluctant enough at first but I lured it out of it's cage
Voldemort: Qurrell Let's go plant that key and split
Voldemort: Pun intended!
Snape: Oh hi Professor Quirrell
Snape: What on earth are you doing in the great Daaancehaaall?
Snape: Just moments before the daaaance?
Quirrel: Just decorating for the Yule-ball Last minute decorations
Quirrel: Just one final Touch
Snape: A ladle?
Quirrel: A very special ladle for a very special night for a very special punch
Snape: And what's so special about it?
Quirrel: Let's just say there's squirt in it
Snape: Squirt?!?
Snape: Is that not the favorite drink of one Harry Potter?
Quirrel: Is it? I had no idea!
Quirrel: Well we better be going
Snape: We?!?
Quirrel: I! I better be going Loud music hurts my ears!
Snape: Okay well I'll see you later then
Quirrel: Or maybe you won't!
Snape: Or maybe I will!
Quirrel: Excuse me
Dumbledore: No excuse me It was my fault
Dumbledore: Hey Severus!
Snape: Oh ah Headmaster!
Dumbledore: What are you doing here? You're getting some punch are you?
Snape: Oh no no! There's Squirt in there!
Dumbledore: Only Harry Potter likes that hog shit I'll stick to my Red Bull Thank you very much
Snape: Well good night headmaster
Dumbledore: Serverus I I saved this last dance for you\N[Oldie Save the last dance for me]
Snape: Well I would headmaster but you see
Snape: Well an old friend is comig back into town tonight
Scene 12
Hermione walks in from left)

Harry: Hey Hermione! You look great! You look wonderful!

Hermione: Hey guys! Thanks! Yeah, you know, I… I used to think looks weren’t important and now I think they are more important than anything. It’s just,  I am having so much fun, dancing with everyone…

Ron: Wow, wow, Hermione. Since when did you become so shallow?

Hermione: What’s wrong with you, Ron?

Ron: Nothing. Nothing’s wrong with me. Why don’t you just go ask Longbottom to dance, ha? Go do it!

Hermione: You know what? Maybe I will.

Hermione goes to the other side and starts dancing with Neville.

Harry: You’ve got a crush

Ron nods/shakes his head.

Harry: Alright Ron listen to me now. Cool advice: this may sound crazy, but girls don’t like it when you’re angry at them, much less you shout at them. Now maybe you should just go over there and tell her how much you care about her. Okay? Maybe she’d ask you to dance.

Ron: Wha..no! Coz then she’d know I liked her! And you always said, that you don’t tell a girl you like her cause it makes you look like an idiot.

Harry: It’s something you have to do. You just gotta..give it...her.. a chance. You gotta go and maybe find something special...the whole time you just really hadn’t the guts to ...say anything.

Starts making his way to Ginny.

Ron: Where are you going? Where are you going?HH I am still mad and sad..

Harry: Hold on. HP is going to take his own advice now.

Goes to Ginny

Harry: Hey Ginny 

Ginny: Oh hey Harry...

Harry: Can I sit down?

Ginny: Yeah sure.

Harry: Sooo yah.. How is Hogwarts??

Ginny: I was really excited to come here. But now that I am here I don’t feel like I belong.

Harry: Yeah I know what you’re talking about. But you know what. Lets save that conversation for another Yule Ball.

Gets up

Harry: Do you wanna dance? Its the whole point of the evening.

They get up, dance, have a good time. On the other side, Ron breaks the joined hands of Neville and Hermione and drags her to the side.

Ron: okay, when you really danced with Shlongbottom, you really crossed the line.

Gives Neville the butterbeer

Ron: Take this and get out of here. Beat it.

H: Why are you being so mean to me?

R: IM NOT BEING MEAN!!

H: Ow.. yes you are!! You know every day everyone is trying to put me down and the one day I actually feel like perfect.. you are trying to ruin it!!

R: Oh man!

H: What is wrong with you Ron??

Malfoy comes rolling in and stands right up to Ron

M: Weasly. The lady said NO!

H: Not you too..You know what, I am so sick of both of you!! I hate you both!!

Slaps both on the cheek. Walks away with her head high and R and M are cringing holding their noses. 

M: What did you say to her?

R: Nothing

R and M: I am bleeding..Look at this.

The scene shifts to Harry and Ginny who are spinning.

Harry: I am feeling dizzy.

Ginny: We should stop spinning.

Harry: We have.

They look into each others eyes.

Harry: Ginny I think I am fal...Wait no! No No ..I can’t do this..I cant do this..You’re Ginny Weasley.  You’re my best friends little sister. I am sorry, I cant do it.

Ginny: Harry Potter...

She goes out crying. Harry goes over to Cho and Cedric who are dancing.

Harry: Hey Cho! Hey, hey, come on, dance with me! I'm Harry Potter, let's go!

He starts dancing with Cho.

Cedric: Excuse me, I believe I was dancing with the lady!

Harry: Yeah and I'm...cutting in!

Cedric: Well, I FIND that to be very rude!

Harry:Alright, Cedric, why don't we FIND out, what the lady has to say about it? (stops dancing)

Cho: Oh boys, this is no need to fight a little on me! But by the ways: Cedric thinks you cheated on the dragon's task...
Harry: CHEATED? Are you kidding me? That thing was trying to eat me! I was in it's mouth!

Cedric: Exactly! But what aren't in there? I'd like to FIND out!

Potter: Alright, that is it Diggory, we're dueling, let's go!

Takes out wand.

Cho: Oh, Godderics Hollow. All this excitement is making me thirsty !

Harry: Cho! I'll get you something to drink! I'll get you some punch!

Cedric: No! I'll get the punch!

Harry: No, I'll get the punch!

Cedric: Fine! Have the punch!\N[Pun: punch = Drink / punch = boxing move]

He punches Harry.

Cho Chang: You did it!

Harry picks up the ladle and aims at Cedric

Harry: Cedric Diggory, I'm gonna kill you!!!

Its a portkey.

Scene 14
Quirrel: Yes! Ahm

Belatrix Lestrange: My dark Lord! look fabulous!

Voldemort: Belatrix Lestrange. It is great to have you back

Belatrix Lestrange: Oh my Liege Now it's going to be like the old days when we did nothing but torture and murder. It was a pain without you

Voldemort: Well I'm never going again! 'Cause I've conquered death! And my first pleasure will be to KILL Harry Potter! Then next to take over the ministry of magic and rule the World - FOR ALL TIME!

Belatrix Lestrange: And you will my lord! But not yet! For now we must stick to the plan. We blame Potter's murder on Quirrell. So that your return may remain a secret.. The deatheaters aren't prepared to take on the entire ministry of magic, much less Dumbledore and the order of the phoenix

Quirrel: I'm sorry! What was that about me going to Azkaban for Potter's murder?

Belatrix Lestrange: Oh ho! You show refer to him as my lord my Liege or my dark lord!

Voldemort: Oh no no , it's cool! Quirell is cool! Quirell is cool! Over the last year he has proven himself to be a very good fr- A very good servant to the will of the dark lord

Quirrel: Oh I see so - so your time is [???] and I'm your "Sally Hemings" is that right?\N[She was a slave to Thomas Jefferson]

Voldemort: No! No Quirrell that – ah. That came out wrong It's not like that

Quirrel: Isn't it?

Belatrix Lestrange: Oh silence slave! Crucio!

Voldemort: Oh no no no!

Belatrix Lestrange: What's the matter?

Belatrix Lestrange: He's your pawn You are his queen. It is an honor to serve the dark lord NO MATTER WHAT'S THE TASK!

Walks over high and mighty to Q and then bends down and says

Voldemort: Are you alright?

Quirrel: Did you really know the whole time you would blame Potter's murder on me?

Voldemort: Yyyes! Yes – ah. I knew

Stretches out a hand

Quirrel: Don't touch me!

Voldemort: But things have changed over the last year I feel different for you now!

Voldemort: Well I wish there was another way. But I've got to take over the world!

Quirrel: Oh there is!

Belatrix Lestrange: Deatheaters take him away!
Deatheaters take Quirrel away to Azkaban.

Belatrix Lestrange: And now you have what you waited for for so long

Voldemort: What?

Belatrix Lestrange: Your chance to kill Harry Potter!

Voldemort: Yees!

Voldemort: Kill Potter!

Harry gets hold of the ladle and Cedric

Voldemort: Avawoah! Where d'you go?

Potter: You won't kill me today Voldemort But I tell you what. I'll get you some punch!


Harry and Cedric are transported back to school.


Ginny: Oh my Rowling! What happened Harry Potter?

Dumbledore: Harry what the hell are you doing over here? You missed the raffle!

Snape: What happened to the graveyard? Uhm!

Potter: It's - it's  Voldemort! It's Voldemort! He is back!




P.S.-Scenes 7,9,11 & 13 are not there so you need not memorise anything, memorise you dialogues in the rest of the act




1 comment: